DIGITAL: Bia! Zine Issue 00
The pilot issue of this zine is 96 pages cover-to-cover exploring 1) food in our homes, 2) food, identity and belonging, 3) how we share our foods, 4) food and community and 5) our favourite foods.
Inside you will find:
- candid conversations with families, local heroes, celebrated chefs, and Gen Z's most respected foodies;
- artwork celebrating our favourite foods;
- poetry that will transport you to visions of home;
- personal essays highlighting how food intertwines with identity, home, community, and belonging;
- an archive of photos past and present centring our interactions with food
- recipes from around the world
Bia! Zine is made up of the gorgeous words, stories and art of over 30 contributors and guests from The Philippines, Nigeria, India, Ethiopia, Thailand, Palestine, China, the USA, Mexico, Brazil plus more who all call Ireland home or are creating a sense of home for themselves here.
See our FAQs page for more info on digital delivery.
Proceeds from buying the digital zine will go back into running the zine, funding printing, and future projects.
About Bia! Zine
Bia! Zine is a new food publication and storytelling project centred on immigrant and diasporic communities in Ireland. Bia! Zine is about celebrating our foods, connecting our stories, and relishing our culinary identities. Follow our Instagram to stay up to date on what we're up to: @bia_zine